BINTAN RESORT FERRIES PRIVATE LIMITED (“BRF”) – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All Passenger(s) of BRF (“Passenger(s)”) should take note that the Terms and Conditions set out below apply to all Passenger(s), form part of the contract of carriage between the Passenger(s) and Bintan Resort Ferries, contain provisions exempting, excluding and/or limiting the liability of BRF for amongst other things, death, personal injury and loss of or damage to all property, including baggage, may be amended from time to time without notice to the Passenger(s). Passenger(s) are advised to purchase appropriate and adequate insurance to protect themselves and their property.
The following terms and conditions are applicable only for Flexi fares. Please refer to specified fare rules for promotional fares.
- Fares quoted may exclude administrative fees, service charges and other charges. These may be subjected to change without prior notice.
- Adult fares apply to all Passenger(s) 12 years of age and above on day of departure.
- Peak travel is on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, eve of Singapore Gazetted Public Holidays & Singapore Gazetted Public Holidays.
- Off-peak travel is from Mondays to Thursdays, excluding eve of Singapore Gazetted Public holidays & Singapore Gazetted Public Holidays.
2. Booking of ferry seats (“Booking”)
- Bookings may be done via BRF’s website (www.brf.com.sg) or through a licensed travel agents up to 4 hours before ferry departure time. Bookings are on a first-come-first-serve basis subject to seat availability.
- Full passport details are compulsory at the time of Booking.
- Passenger(s) are advised to show a copy of the booking confirmation during check-in.
3. Amendment of Booking(s)
- Amendment refers to change of departure date or time.
- A change in Passenger(s) name is considered a CANCELLATION.
- Amendment Charges
Day of Departure
- Amendments to bookings may be allowed based on fare rules stipulated and subject to seat availability.
- No amendments are allowed for No-Shows.
- Fare Differential Calculation:
- change from lower fare ticket to a higher fare ticket – difference of amount is payable;
- change from a higher fare ticket to a lower fare ticket – no refund on fare difference.
4. Cancellation of Booking(s)
- Cancellation Charge
3 days before departure
(inclusive of day of departure)
- Partial cancellation of return tickets is not allowed.
- Cancellation and Change of Schedule
- If at any time after a booking has been made, BRF changes the schedules and/or cancels, terminates, diverts, postpones or reschedules any trip due to reasons beyond our control, e.g. safety or security, BRF will either:
- Rebook the passenger(s) on the next available ferry without additional charge; or
- Offer to refund your ticket;
- The foregoing constitutes your sole remedy against us for such circumstances.
5. No Shows
- “No Show” passenger(s) is defined as a person or persons who fails to check-in for the collection of boarding pass 40 minutes before ferry departure time from Tanah Merah Terminal (“TMFT”) Singapore or Bandar Bentan Telani (“BBT”), Bintan, Indonesia. For “No Show” cases, the unutilized ticket automatically lapses and is void. No refund, amendment or re-issuance of ticket will be allowed.
- No refund will be given for cancellation made 3 days before departure (inclusive of day of departure) and for No-Shows.
- Depending on fare rules specified on fare type, refunds may be processed for a cancelled booking.
- No refund will be given for cancellation made 3 days before departure date (inclusive of day of departure) and for No-Shows .
- Refunds will be processed between four and six weeks after the departure date and will be credited either through credit card account or by cheque (if paid by cash, Nets or cheque). There will be no on-line or over-the-counter cash refunds.
- If payment is made through an licensed travel agent, please refer to specific terms and conditions from the travel agent.
- No refunds will be given if a passenger who voluntarily downgrades from a higher fare seat to a lower fare seat (E.g. Emerald class to Economy class).
7. Check-in & Boarding
- Passenger(s) are advised to check-in and collect boarding passes at BRF or BBT Ticketing Counter at least one and half (1 ½) hours before departure time.
- Even with a confirmed booking, Passenger(s) may be denied boarding and your seat will be released for sale to other Passenger(s) if you do not check-in latest 40 minutes before ferry departure time.
- Passenger(s) who check-in after the cut-off time will be deemed as ”No Show”. BRF reserves the right to cancel all confirmed seats.
- Passenger(s) who miss their ferry trip will have to purchase new tickets for their next departure.
- The pre-immigration gate closes fifteen (15) minutes before departure time.
8. Travel Documents
- All Passenger(s) must ensure that their passports have a minimum validity of SIX (6) Months at the time of travel. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the Passenger(s) being denied travel by the authorities
- The Passenger(s) must comply with all travel and immigration requirements necessary in the country of destination and shall, if necessary obtain all necessary visas, licenses, permits, passes, certificates or documents whether for health, immigration, customs or other purposes.
- Passage fares will not be refunded where the Passenger(s) is refused embarkation or entry into country of destination by reason of his/her failure to obtain and/or possess a valid passport or other necessary documents.
9. Baggage and Other Property
- Baggage is separately checked-in at the respective baggage counters. Passenger(s) are required to check-in their baggage 25 minutes before departure.
- Singapore Cruise Centre (SCC) is the baggage handling agent at TMFT while Bintan Resort Cakrawala (BRC) is the baggage handling agent at BBT.
- For the security of your personal belongings, Passenger(s) are advised to lock their baggage to secure its contents. BRF will not be liable for loss of monies, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, negotiable papers, securities and other valuable, business documents, passports and other identification documents, samples, medicines or drugs in your checked and carry-on baggage, whether with or without our knowledge. or delay in the delivery of fragile or perishable items,
- BRF will not assume any liability for normal wear and tear to baggage, which includes damage to or loss of protruding parts of the baggage, including, by way of example, strap, pockets, handles, zippers, wheels or items attached to the baggage.
- Each Passenger is entitled to two hand-carry items, no larger than 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm each, not exceeding 115cm in combined dimensions (Length+breadth+width) and max 10kg in combined weight.
- Each Passenger is entitled to check-in baggage allowance of 20 kg . Any excess will be charged in accordance with rates levied by respective terminals up to a maximum of another 20 kg. Each check-in baggage must not exceed 30kg.
- Emerald Class passengers are entitled to a baggage allowance of 30 kg. Any excess will be charged in accordance with rates levied by respective terminals up to a maximum of another 30 kg.
- Check-in baggage must be properly contained. All golf bags will be classified in the “compulsory check-in baggage” category.
- No cargo except personal effects/belongings are allowed on-board the vessel.
- Other Property of the Passenger(s) apart from baggage, including but not limited to bicycles and surfboards are subject to a carriage fee in accordance to rates levied by respective terminals and will only be allowed on board the vessel subject to availability of space.
- No animals/pets and foul-smelling items are allowed onboard the vessel.
- No dangerous goods such as explosives, firearms, drugs, inflammable material, are allowed on board the vessel.
- For latest updates on baggage matters : http://www.singaporecruise.com.sg
10. Change or Variation in Services
- BRF reserves the right to cancel or vary its services in any manner at its absolute discretion, without incurring any liability whatsoever.
- In particular, BRF may for any reason whatsoever and at any time:-
- substitute another vessel for the scheduled vessel, whether or not owned by BRF or;
- permit the vessel to proceed by any route in any order, or proceed to or stay at any place or port or;
- delay the scheduled date and hour of sailing or disembarkation;
- provide seating to the Passenger(s) different from that already assigned or provided to the Passenger(s) without BRF incurring any liability whatsoever except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
11. Termination of Passage Contract
BRF may at any time for any reason whatsoever terminate the Contract of Carriage at any time before departure of the vessel and (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) may terminate owing to the unavailability of the vessel, whether through Charter or overbooking of seats, or otherwise, and BRF’s only liability will be to refund to the Passenger(s) the amount it has received for the Contract of Carriage, provided, however, that the termination was not caused by or in any way attributable to any breach by the Passenger(s) of any of the terms and conditions herein or any act, neglect, default on his/her part.
12. Exclusion/ Limitation of Liability
- BRF shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any:
- detention, delay, loss (whether direct, consequential, economic or otherwise), expense or damage of or to any Property and Baggage, whenever or wherever occurring, howsoever and by whomsoever caused and whether due to the neglect or default of BRF or otherwise;
- death, personal injury, illness, detention, delay, loss of or to any Passenger(s) whenever and wherever occurring, howsoever and by whomsoever caused and whether due to the neglect and default of BRF.
- Exclusion/ Limitation of Liability for loss and/or damage to Passenger(s)’s baggage without derogating from or in any way depriving BRF of the benefit of any exemptions and/or exclusions contained in the foregoing, if for any reason whatsoever, BRF does not rely, is unable to rely or is precluded from relying on any of the provisions of Clause 12 (a) above,
- BRF’s liability for loss and/or damage to the Passenger(s)’s baggage while on board the vessel shall not exceed US$250.00 , subject to proof of amount of loss.
- BRF shall not be liable for any loss of cash kept in the baggage.
- BRF shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage to any gold, silver, silverware, jewellery, ornaments, watches, precious stones, works of art, or other valuables kept in Baggage placed onboard the Vessel with no prior declaration of value made.
- Limitation of Liability for death or personal injury to Passenger(s) without derogating from or in any way depriving BRF of the benefit of any exemptions and/or exclusions contained in the foregoing, if for any reason whatsoever, BRF does not rely, is unable to rely, or is precluded from relying on any of the provisions in Clause 12 (a) above, in the event of death or personal injury to Passenger(s),
- BRF shall be entitled to limit its liability in accordance with Article 7 of the Athens Convention as amended by Article II (2) of the Protocol of 1990 whereby the liability of the Carrier for the death or personal injury to a Passenger(s) shall in no case exceed 175 000 SDR per carriage and Article 7 as amended by Article II (2) shall be deemed to have been fully incorporated in these terms and conditions.
- BRF and the Passenger(s) may agree, expressly and in writing, to higher limits of liability than those prescribed in the foregoing provisions.
- Occurrences not on board the Vessel/ Services performed by independent contractors
- BRF accepts no responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of independent contractors who are not agents or employees of BRF.
- The Passenger(s) agrees that BRF shall not be liable whatsoever for injury, loss or damage to any person, baggage, property as a result of any act, omission or negligence of any of these contractors or any other person providing any of the off-ship services relating to the passage and the Passenger(s) hereby releases and discharges BRF from any claims for such injury, loss or damage.
- Benefits of Exclusion/Limitation of Liability Clause
It is hereby expressly agreed that no servant, agent, employee, representative of BRF (including every sub-contractor whose services are from time to time utilized by and for the purposes of BRF) shall be under any liability whatsoever to the Passenger(s) for any loss, damage or delay of whatsoever kind arising or resulting directly from any act, neglect, default on his part while
acting in the course of or in connection with his employment or agency and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions of this clause, every exemption, limitation, condition and liberty herein contained and every right, exemption from liability, defence and immunity of whatsoever nature applicable to BRF or to which BRF is entitled hereunder shall also be available to BRF’s servants, agents, employees and representative.
13. Notice of Claim
- Any claim for loss of life or personal injury shall be notified to BRF’s personnel immediately upon disembarkation for assistance.
- Any claim for loss of or damage to baggage shall be notified to BRF (or Appointed Baggage Handling Agent) in writing on stipulated baggage damage/Loss Report as soon as the loss of or damage to baggage is discovered.
- Unless notice of loss of or damage to baggage is given:
- before or at the time of disembarkation shall be prima facie evidence that the Passenger(s) has received the baggage in good order and condition and in the same quantity as when it was placed on board the vessel and BRF shall be under no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to the same;
- Baggage damage/Loss Report shall be handed to BRF Terminal Office (or Appointed Baggage Handling Agent).
14. Time Limits for Actions
- Any claims arising out of the loss of life or personal injury to a Passenger(s) or for the loss and/or damage to baggage shall be time barred and BRF shall be discharged from all liability whatsoever after a period of two (2) years, such period being calculated as follows:
- In the case of personal injury, from the date such personal injury occurred or from the date of disembarkation of the Passenger(s), whichever is later;
- In the case of death of a Passenger(s) occurring:
- before the time of disembarkation, from the date when the Passenger(s) should have disembarked,
- after disembarkation, resulting from personal injury occurring during carriage, from the date of death, provided that this period shall not exceed three years from the date of disembarkation.
- In the case of loss and/or damage to baggage, from the date of disembarkation of the Passenger(s) to whom the baggage belongs.
- The law of the court seized of the case shall govern the grounds of suspension and interruption of the limitation period but in no case shall the action or claim in tort be brought after the expiration of a period of three years from the date of disembarkation or from the date when disembarkation should have taken place, whichever is later.
15. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law Clause
Any claim brought herein shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of the Republic of Singapore.
The terms and conditions contained herein shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
- Where the Passenger(s) books a passage or otherwise deals with BRF through a licensed Travel Agent, or other intermediary (hereinafter referred to as a (“Travel Agent”), the Passenger(s) agrees and acknowledges that:-
- the Travel Agent acts solely as the Passenger(s)’s agent and is fully authorized to act for and on his behalf in any matter whatsoever including but not limited to entering into a Contract of Carriage with BRF, collecting any ticket issued by BRF, making, amending or cancelling any booking, signing any document whatsoever and paying and receiving any monies.
- all the terms and conditions herein shall form part of any Contract of Carriage concluded by the Travel Agent for and on the Passenger(s)’s behalf.
- BRF shall not be liable for any act, neglect or default of the Travel Agent.
- BRF shall not be liable to refund any monies paid by the Passenger(s) to the Travel Agent for onward transmission to BRF or for other purposes which the Travel Agent failed to do or to re-issue any ticket which has already been issued and delivered to the Travel Agent.
- In the event the Travel Agent fails to remit to BRF any monies paid to it by the Passenger(s) for whatever reason, the Passenger(s) shall be and will remain liable for the sums due to BRF
- The Passenger(s) shall reimburse and fully indemnify BRF and hold BRF harmless against all or any liabilities, losses, claims, damages, costs, expenses and/or delay of whatever nature, sustained or incurred by, or made upon BRF, whether directly or indirectly by reason of the Passenger(s) negligence, breach of duty or failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
17. Force Majeure Clause
- BRF shall not be liable for any loss (whether economic, consequential or otherwise), delay, expense, damage (whether direct or indirect) whatsoever arising from BRF’s inability to perform the contract of carriage or any part thereof by reason of the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event.
- The term ‘Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event, occurrence or circumstance reasonably beyond the control of BRF, including but not limited to the following occurrences:
- Acts of God, including but not limited to storms, lightning, rain and flood;
- strikes, lockout, stoppages or restraint of trade or labour, industrial action or labour difficulties or shortages from whatever cause, whether partial or general and whether or not BRF is party to these events;
- Acts of terrorism;
- explosion, fire, collision, stranding or foundering of the Vessel or breakdown or failure of or damage to the Vessel or her hull, fittings, furnishings, machinery or equipment howsoever and wheresoever arising;
- civil commotion, riot, insurrection, war, civil war, government restraint or requisition, political disturbance, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, invasion, act of foreign enemies;
- acts, restrictions, regulations, bylaws, refusal to grant any licenses or permissions, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental authority, or inability to secure supplies including fuel;
- breakdown, failure or irregular functioning of or damage to any electrical or electronic hardware, equipment, machinery, components, including programmes or software employed by BRF;
- import or export regulations or embargoes;
18. Conduct of Passengers
- The Passenger(s) represents and warrants that he/she is fit to proceed and that he/she will not in any way be a nuisance to other Passenger(s) and/or that his/her conduct will not in any way cause any inconvenience, endanger or impair the health, safety or reasonable comfort of any person or persons whether on board the vessel or not, or endanger the safety of the vessel and her crew and/or her fittings, furnishings, machinery, equipment or any part thereof.
- The Passenger(s), in the interest of international security and safety at sea and in the interest of the convenience of other Passenger(s)s, agrees and hereby consents to a reasonable search being made of the Passenger(s)’s person and baggage and other property whether physically, by way of screening, scanning or otherwise and to the confiscation of any item which may, in the opinion of BRF, the Master or Ship’s Security Officer.
- BRF and/or its agents shall be entitled at any time without giving reasons, to refuse passage to any Passenger(s), who, in the opinion of BRF, the Master and/or any officer on board, isa security risk, is likely to inconvenience or endanger or impair the health, safety or reasonable comfort of any person or persons on board the vessel without incurring any liability whatsoever.
19. Fitness of the Passenger to Travel
- Female passenger(s)s who are pregnant, or any other passenger(s) who are suffering from any sickness, disease, injury, infirmity, disability or illness, whether mental, physical or otherwise which could affect their fitness for travel shall:
- disclose their pregnancy and the stage thereof, sickness, injury, infirmity, disability or illness, as the case may be, to BRF at the time of booking;
- submit to BRF prior to sailing a medical certificate certifying their fitness for travel;
- if necessary, be accompanied and assisted by an able-bodied person who shall be responsible for their health and safety at all times including the period of travel; and,
- reimburse and fully indemnify BRF and hold BRF harmless against any losses, claims, damage, costs, expenses and /or delay, of whatever nature sustained by BRF, whether directly or indirectly, and arising out of or in connection with their pregnancy, sickness, disease, injury, infirmity, disability or illness, as the case may be.
- Females who are more than 28 weeks pregnant are prohibited from traveling on board the vessel unless a medical certificate certifying fitness to travel is provided.
- Passenger(s) who require special assistance or special arrangements to be made while onboard the vessel shall inform BRF at least three days before departure. BRF will take all reasonable steps to support and /or accommodate the Passenger(s)’s request but the provision of special assistance/arrangements is subject to resources and means available.
- BRF shall be entitled at any time, without giving reasons, to refuse passage to any Passenger(s) whether mental, physical or otherwise or to cancel any reservation made by or for such Passenger(s), without any liability whatsoever to such a Passenger(s) who is pregnant, or has any form of sickness, disease, injury, infirmity, disability or illness,
20. Amendments of Terms and Reservation
BRF may at any time amend these terms and conditions without notice to the Passenger.
21. Entire Agreement Clause
These terms and conditions are deemed part of the Contract of Carriage and all prior understandings and agreements heretofore entered into between the Passenger and BRF, whether written or oral, are superseded by these terms and conditions, which alone fully and completely express the agreement between the Passenger and BRF.
Each paragraph, sub-paragraph, clause, sub-clause, article, provision contained in these terms and conditions shall be severable and should any such paragraph, sub-paragraph, clause, sub-clause, article or provision shall be held to be invalid, void, unenforceable or inapplicable, the remaining paragraphs, sub-paragraphs, clauses, sub-clauses, articles and provisions shall nevertheless have full force and effect.
23. General Information
- All queries and claims with respect to BRF Trip Guard should be addressed to BRF@aig.com
- Passengers who have connecting international flights out of Changi Airport are to ensure that their return trip from Bintan Resort arrives at least 4 hours before the departure time of their connecting flight out of Singapore. Unexpected delays may be caused by inclement weather, security checks by the local authorities or any other unforeseen circumstances. BRF will not be responsible for any missed flights arising from any delay if there is insufficient time allocated for connecting flights.
- Outside Food and drinks are NOT permitted to be consumed on board the Ferry.
- For latest update, please refer to our website at http://www.brf.com.sg.
- This information is correct at time of booking/printing and is subject to change without prior notice.
Updated: 31 March 2017